Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Do Bad Things Happen in Threes?

I'm a big bike rider, I've been doing it for a long time, and glad of it.  My son and I got new mountain bikes this summer and we've been riding a lot on the local trails.  He's the newbie, but good already, the acorn not falling far from the tree.  We're looking forward to our rides this fall.

A few weeks ago we rode the mountain bike trails at Legend Park in Clayton.  The ride was great until my big endo riding home on the road! Ouch, my first crash in 14 years.  I guess I'm not used to those new hydraulic brakes after all.  

A couple of days later I crashed while warming up for a trail ride.  Two crashes in 14 years!  

After my road bike crash the next day I'm thinking bad things do happen in threes.  Just call me superstitious.  Now I just have to watch out for black cats.  :-)

No comments: